Senior Legal Associate
Advocate & Solicitor
Direct: +65 6303 8391
Marcus Liu is a Senior Legal Associate with Amica Law LLC focusing on intellectual property and in particular, in IP protection and management. He graduated with a LL.B (Hons) from the Singapore Management University in 2012, and was called to the Singapore Bar in 2013. While at SMU, he was placed on the Dean’s List in his last year.
Marcus’s main areas of practice include:
General advisory work on all aspects of intellectual property law;
Trade mark and patent portfolio management, registration, opposition, revocation, invalidation and prosecution;
Drafting, negotiating, and advising on various intellectual property and commercial agreements, including assignment and licensing agreements, software licensing and services, franchising and online website terms and conditions; and
Domain name dispute resolution;
Advising on personal data protection.
Assisting in commercial litigation on intellectual property disputes;
Sample matters on which Marcus has been involved include:
Advising, maintaining and managing trademark portfolios for local and foreign companies including;
- a Singapore listed chocolate manufacturer and distributor;
- a Singapore-based specialty pharmaceutical company;
- a Singapore manufacturer and distributor of consumer essential foods;
- a Singapore-based industrial company focused on polymers, automation and safety shoes;
- a Singapore-based security solutions provider;
- a Singapore-based 3D fashion design software provider;
- a Singapore-based provider of hand phones and electronic accessories;
- a Singapore gym provider;
- a Singapore fish farm; and
- an Indonesia based company in the field of pharmaceuticals, consumer and cosmetic products.
Assisting and advising various trade mark proprietors on enforcement of their intellectual property rights against pirated or counterfeit goods including a large American coffee retailer and coffee house provider;
Drafting franchise agreements for local food and beverage companies and education-related businesses;
Assisting and advising on Intellectual Property transactions / licensing agreements for local mobile application developers;
Facilitating transfers / licencing of trademark portfolios for local and foreign companies;
Assisting and advising a leading ticketing service provider on compliance with personal data protection regulation;
Facilitating due diligence exercises for Intellectual Property transactions by local companies.